Welcome to the Indiana page of the Helping Smokers Quit project. The efforts of this project were supported by the American Nurses Association, Indiana State Nurses Association, Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Agency, and the Indiana Hospital Association , and it was funded by a grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to the UCLA School of Nursing.
Click to access:
- The slides of the Indiana presentation "Helping Smokers Quit"
- The Fact Sheet for Indiana
- Indiana Tobacco Quitline or call 1-800-QUIT NOW
- Indiana Tobacco Prevention and Cessation
- Frequently Asked Questions about smoking cessation and the HSQ project
- Other tobacco control and smoking cessation resources
Please meet the team who coordinated the HSQ Project:
- Linda Sarna, RN, DNSc, FAAN, Principal Investigator
- Michael Ong, MD. Co-Investigator
- Patricia Parkerton, MPH, PhD, Co-Investigator
- Marjorie Wells, RN, PhD, FNP, Project Director
- Lisa Wei Chang, MPH, Project Assistant
- Ms. Jenny Kotlerman, MS, Principal Statistician
- Stella Aguinaga Bialous, RN, MScN, DrPH, FAAN, Consultant